Re: ODBC Maintainer?

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: ODBC Maintainer?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> I'll be a volunteer to implement odbc driver. Just wondering why don't
> import unixODBC code into Postgres src?

That is possible, I suppose.

My (admittedly vague) recollection is that the unixODBC folks took the
psqlODBC code from our tree and modified it. They may have contributed
back some patches, but afaik they forked the code and had no interest in
keeping the code base consistant :(

If the unixODBC code is a superset of what we have (or could be made so)
then perhaps it would be a better choice to work from. But we should
make sure that our last year's improvements don't get lost.
                    - Thomas