Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/8/24 11:05, Tom Lane wrote:
> Pavel Borisov <pashkin.elfe@gmail.com> writes:
>> IMO the fact that people struggle to work on patches, and make them better,
>> etc. is an immense blessing for the Postgres community. Is the peak of
>> commits really a big problem provided we have 6 months before actual
>> release? I doubt March patches tend to be worse than the November ones.
>
> Yes, it's a problem, and yes the average quality of last-minute
> patches is visibly worse than that of patches committed in a less
> hasty fashion.  We have been through this every year for the last
> couple decades, seems like, and we keep re-learning that lesson
> the hard way.  I'm just distressed at our utter failure to learn
> from experience.

I don't dispute that we could do better, and this is just a simplistic
look based on "number of commits per day", but the attached does put it
in perspective to some extent.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Release Management Team & Feature Freeze