Re: CREATE/DROP SCHEMA considered harmful

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: CREATE/DROP SCHEMA considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think the create and drop schema commands should throw a "not
> implemented" error, rather than fiddle around with databases. Consider
> users that try these commands just on luck.
> Btw., the grammar for these commands isn't implemented correctly either.

Sure. I'm not too worried about them, since what you suggest can be done
at any time before release.

At the moment, I'm having trouble just getting a database installed. Did
something change recently? I *thought* I was tracking down a problem
where updated system catalogs did not get propagated into the
share/*.bki files. I did an update from cvsup a few minutes ago, and now
that seems to be fixed, but psql cannot create a database :(

The message when running createdb is:

psql: ConnectDBStart() -- connect() failed: Invalid argumentIs the postmaster running...

Ah, a "make distclean" seems to have fixed it for me. Not sure why it
would need to be that drastic; are we missing a dependency somewhere?
                  - Tom

Сообщение: Re: Optimisation deficiency: currval('seq')-->seq scan, constant-->index scan
Сообщение: Re: Optimisation deficiency: currval('seq')-->seq scan, constant-->index scan