Re: mac.c

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: mac.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Does anyone want to do the coding we've talked about?  I'm afraid I'll
> break stuff....  (I also don't have the current dev sources checked out,
> I just have 7.0.2 running).

OK, I'll work on it for a couple of hours this morning.

I like Alex's suggestion for a standalone macaddr_trunc() function, then
a query which can lookup the brand from the external table.

The enthusiastic (but negative ;) feedback on putting LIKE into the mix
suggests that we should not use that mechanism, so "manuf()" or
"brand()" for an explicit function may be the best way to go.

Comments?
                    - Thomas