Connections Implementing SSL in 7.1 Dev

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Connections Implementing SSL in 7.1 Dev
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I downloaded the current ( 12 Aug ) development snapshot of the 7.1
development software.

It runs great ! - except I am having trouble with  the ssl enabled
connections...

I used  a certificate that I have generated via a mod_ssl  installation
to provide 2 files :

server.key
server.crt

in the $PGDATA directory. This enabled the postmaster to start ok.

Unfortunatly I cannot connect to the server usng psql ( or I suspect
anything else ). I get an error like :
"couldn't send SSL negotiation packet (not connected) ". This appears to
be coming from fe-connect.c.

Am I geting this because this fearture is not yet implemented, or am I
just being a plonker and not configured  ssl properly...( I wondered if
I needed a client certificate too...) ?

Anyway

Thanks for providing acecss at an interesting stage of your development

regards

Mark