Re: [Fwd: Re: haven't forgotten about you...]

От Ben Adida
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: haven't forgotten about you...]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tim Perdue wrote:

> Great - I assume end transaction is going to do a commit. If you don't
> do an end transaction and you don't issue a rollback... I assume it
> rolls back?

Yes, when I said end transaction, I meant commit.

The precise behavior you're inquiring about is dependent on your web server
/ driver setup. In AOLserver's Postgres driver, if a database handle is
released when a transaction is still open, the transaction is rolled back.
I can imagine other drivers behaving differently, but implicit commits
sound very dangerous to me.

> This is pretty slick - over the last month or so I've come up with about
> 8 different places where I really wish I had transactions/rollbacks on
> SourceForge. Also running into lots of places where I really, really
> wish I had fscking subselects...

Yes, Postgres is definitely pretty slick...

-Ben