Re: LIKE/ESCAPE implementation

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: LIKE/ESCAPE implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Not sure that it matters for multibyte, but for sure LOCALE ought to
> make a difference.  Consider German esstet (sp?) --- that beta-looking
> symbol that lowercases to "ss".  Do we do this correctly?

afaict we do none of this. Using tolower() on a char* variable can not
possibly do the right thing for multiple-byte character sets. Your
example (single byte to two bytes) can't work either.

Tatsuo and others: what is the state of MB for these cases? Should I
just code the single-byte LOCALE solution for now, or do we have some
other code I should be referring to?
                  - Thomas