Re: Re: And Furthermore. Was: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Re: And Furthermore. Was: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
David Lloyd-Jones wrote:

> From: "Christopher Sawtell" <csawtell@xtra.co.nz>
> > > Contradiction. so what else is new?

> > I get that situation too. There is something strangely amiss with the
> pg_ctrl
> > script. I just do not use it.
> Dunno about that: I was starting up with Lamar Owen's postgresql start|stop
> script, so the pg_ctrl thing doesn't apply, does  it?

Yes, it does for 7.0.2's script.  And it's pg_ctl, with no r.
> See Tom Lane's plausible explanation a couple of days ago in this thread.

First, try to ping localhost and see what happens.  If that doesn't
work, you have a basic network misconfiguration somewhere you're going
to have to trace down.

Next,`attempt to telnet to localhost -- if that doesn't work, you still
have a network problem.

Postmaster can't listen on a nonexistent network interface, even with
-i.

This may also explain AOLserver not listening on port 80 -- what does
AOLserver's error log say about where nssock is listening?

To check for Apache installation, use 'rpm -qa|grep apache'....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio