Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Merrill <andrew@thatch2.compclass.com> writes:
> It looks like you are using SCO UnixWare 2.1.2.  PostgreSQL 6.4.X and 6.5.X do
> compile and run on SCO UnixWare 7, the current version.

> I have not been able to compile PostgreSQL 6.5 (or any other version) on
> UnixWare 2.  The main problem seems to be that PostgreSQL uses alloca,
> and I can't find the alloca.h header on my UnixWare 2 system.

Here is another line of attack besides the ones already given.  I've
been around on this problem with HPUX 9, and find that the only places
in PostgreSQL that use alloca are the parser files, and those do so only
if they were generated with GNU bison.  But the prebuilt copies of
gram.c and preproc.c are made with bison.  So, one solution is to
rebuild the parser files with your local yacc --- which, presumably,
will not generate code that relies on alloca.

Vendor yaccs tend to spit up on the Postgres grammar files because
they're so large, so this may be easier said than done.  See
doc/FAQ_HPUX for a set of yacc switches that worked for me.

Of course, the other approach is to install and use gcc, which supports
alloca as inline code on all platforms...