Re: AIX support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AIX support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 11:09:43AM +0000, Sriram RK wrote:
>> Also, would like to know if we can access the buildfarm(power machines) to run any of the specific tests to hit this
assert.

> https://portal.cfarm.net/users/new/ is the form to request access.  It lists
> the eligibility criteria.

There might be some confusion here about what system we are talking
about.  The Postgres buildfarm is described at
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/index.html
but it consists of a large number of individual machines run by
individual owners.  There would not be a lot of point in adding a
new AIX machine to the Postgres buildfarm right now, because it
would surely fail to build HEAD.  What Noah is referencing is
the GCC compile farm, which happens to include some AIX machines.
The existing AIX entries in the Postgres buildfarm are run (by Noah)
on those GCC compile farm machines, which really the GCC crowd have
been *very* forgiving about letting us abuse like that.  If you have
your own AIX hardware there's not a lot of reason that you should
need to access the GCC farm.

What you do need to do to reproduce the described problems is
check out the Postgres git tree and rewind to just before
commit 0b16bb877, where we deleted AIX support.  Any attempt
to restore AIX support would have to start with reverting that
commit (and perhaps the followup f0827b443).