Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2023-12-18 at 13:39 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> For now just two:
> v10-0002 is Jeff's change to the search path cache, but with the
> chunked interface that I found to be faster.

Did you consider specializing for the case of an aligned pointer? If
it's a string (c string or byte string) it's almost always going to be
aligned, right?

I hacked up a patch (attached). I lost track of which benchmark we're
using to test the performance, but when I test in a loop it seems
substantially faster.

It reads past the NUL byte, but only to the next alignment boundary,
which I think is OK (though I think I'd need to fix the patch for when
maxalign < 8).

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения