Re: SOLVED: Re: UTF-8 and stripping accents

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SOLVED: Re: UTF-8 and stripping accents
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Christopher Murtagh" <christopher.murtagh@gmail.com> writes:
> The difference between my 7.4.6 and 8.1.4 DBs was that 7.4.6 had
> UNICODE as it's encoding, whereas the 8.1.4 was UTF8.

I don't think so, because those are the same thing.  We just adopted a
more technically-correct name for the encoding.

My recollection is that we tweaked some things associated with passing
UTF8 strings into and out of plperl functions somewhere along the line.
The difference in behavior might be due to that.