Interface between Web- and SQL-server; dif. machines.

От Aage J. Skjolingstad
Тема Interface between Web- and SQL-server; dif. machines.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I'm new to PostgreSQL and Linux on the escape from M$. So far;

Have configured PostgreSQL 6.5.2 on RH 6.0 as a database
server, already up working in a way using postODBC on a Win98
with WebSite for testing. Used PGAdmin to convert my Access97 DB
to Postresql, - beutifull. DB server and web server are communicating
over an ethernet card.

However, my next project is to strip down my web server; NT
4.0/WebSite and convert it to Linux/Apache.

What do I need to install on the webserver to be a client to
the PostgreSQL server ?? - I do not find any client package
included in latest destribution.

Appreciate some tips and ideas of best solution.

Thanks in Advance,

Aage J. Skjolingstad