backend crashes

От Holger Klawitter
Тема backend crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi there,

I am using Linus 2.2.11, PostgreSQL 6.5.1, 128M RAM + 256M Swap.
I am operating on a table "links" with 12 text columns and 5200 rows
(many cells are empty). This folloing select crashes the backend:

select
    f.id as orig, t.id as dest
into
    "better-az"
from
    links f, links t
where
    f.id <> t.id and
    ( f.g <> ''    and lower(f.g) = lower(t.g) ) and
    f.a = '' and
    t.a <> '' and
    f.d = t.d
;

The message is:
        before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing
  Terminating.

Is this join just too complex? Or did I trap into a bug?

Regards,
    Holger Klawitter

--
Holger Klawitter                                     +49 (0)251 484 0637
holger@klawitter.de                             http://www.klawitter.de/