Re: [INTERFACES] odbc V3+

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] odbc V3+
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Paul wrote:

> Hello,
> Any scuttle butt on when the Postgresql odbc will move from 2 to 3?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Regards,
>                  Paul Hardiman
>             InterMedia, Inc (Colorado)
>          Informations Systems Consulting
> 303-581-0606, Fax 581-0506, hardiman@hardiman.com

Not very likely.  The increased complexity between 2 and 3 would make
this a massive effort, for what I see as very little benefit.

Is there any specific thing in odbc 3.0 that you need?  The driver
should still work with odbc 3.0 applications because the odbc driver
manager is supposed to convert calls to odbc 2.x on the fly.  I'm not
sure how extensively it does this.

Byron