Re: [GENERAL] Database on read only directory

От John Reynolds
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Database on read only directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Alexandre,

I was thinking about doing something similar when I get the time (very low
pirority at the moment - may never get done - darn).  I was thinking of taring the
data directory onto the CD-ROM and untaring it into a ram disk to get around the
read-only media.

John

Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm building a database that I would eventually like to store on a read only
> medium, such as a CD rom. It would then be accessed for consulting only via a
> Java program.
>
> However, from what I understood, PostgreSql needs to write to the database
> directory when SELECTing from tables. Is there a simple way to force such write
> accesses to a temporary directory ?
>
> Alexandre Fayolle
> http://alexandre.fayolle.free.fr

"There are no kernel hackers in Ireland. They spend all their time in the pub"
Alan Cox