Re: BUG #17504: psql --single-transaction -vON_ERROR_STOP=1 still commits after client-side error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17504: psql --single-transaction -vON_ERROR_STOP=1 still commits after client-side error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> At Mon, 13 Jun 2022 15:45:05 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
>> This suggestion does not look right to me with --single-transaction.
>> If not using ON_ERROR_STOP, I think that we should still loop through
>> all the switches given by the caller and force a COMMIT all the time
>> because the intention is that we don't care about failures while
>> processing.  This gives me the attached as a result for HEAD, where we

> Agreed. It is actually a bug that on_error_stop is ignored here.

Sounds plausible to me too.

>> Now, do we really want to introduce this new behavior on HEAD?  We are
>> post-beta so this does not me make me really comfortable if both
>> Robert and you don't like the change, even if the behavior of
>> --single-transaction/ON_ERROR_STOP on client-side failure is weird to
>> me and others from upthread.

I think it's fine to commit this to HEAD.  The reason for reverting
in the back branches was exactly that we'd already changed the behavior;
and what we now see is that it's still buggy and we need to change it
some more.  That's an entirely appropriate thing to be doing in beta.