Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem  (Oleg Broytmann <phd@emerald.netskate.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> What feedback do you want? I am pretty sure two Olegs on this list are
> ready to continue the discussion.

istm that the Russian and Japanese contingents could represent the
needs of multibyte and locale concerns very well. So, we should ask
ourselves some questions to see if we can make *progress* in evolving
our text handling, rather than just staying the same forever.

SQL92 suggests some specific text handling features to help with
non-ascii applications. "national character" is, afaik, the feature
which would hold an installation-wide local text type. "collations"
would allow other text types in the same installation, but SQL92 is a
bit fuzzier about how to make them work.

Would these mechanisms work for people? Or are they so fundamentally
flawed or non-standard (it is from a standard, but I'm not sure who
implements it)?
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] select order by for update
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] select order by for update