Re: postmaster -d option (was Re: [GENERAL] Relation 0 does not exist)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster -d option (was Re: [GENERAL] Relation 0 does not exist)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> diff -c -c -r1.294 postgres.c
> *** src/backend/tcop/postgres.c    25 Sep 2002 20:31:40 -0000    1.294
> --- src/backend/tcop/postgres.c    26 Sep 2002 05:15:41 -0000
> ***************
> *** 1281,1288 ****
>                            * -d 0 allows user to prevent postmaster debug
>                            * from propagating to backend.
>                            */
> !                         SetConfigOption("server_min_messages", "notice",
> !                                         ctx, gucsource);
>                   }
>                   break;
> --- 1281,1287 ----
>                            * -d 0 allows user to prevent postmaster debug
>                            * from propagating to backend.
>                            */
> !                         ResetPGVariable("server_min_messages");
>                   }
>                   break;

If you want "export PGOPTIONS=-d0" to do what the comment says, you'd
also need to Reset all of the other GUC variables that -dN might have
set.  However, I'm not sure that I agree with the goal in the first
place.  If the admin has set debugging on the postmaster command line,
should it really be possible for users to turn it off so easily?