Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 9/1/07, Jan Wieck <JanWieck@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do you have any clue how many countless hours of useless discussion this
> name has cost us already? Unproductive hours that community members
> could otherwise have spent doing something useful. And I guarantee you,
> this nonsense will continue as long as the community as a whole is
> clinging to the situation as it is, driven by the fear factor you and
> others are using to encourage resisting change.

Agreed.

> Sum that up and try to put a price tag on it. I am sure if you do this
> seriously you will grossly exceed any costs the actual change could
> possibly cause.

Agreed.

> Do it the other way around please. The name Postgres is the original
> project name. PostgreSQL was a buzzword enhanced marketing gag that we
> will keep tolerating.

Agreed.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301

Сообщение: Re: Information Week article on PostgreSQL benchmark
Сообщение: Re: Information Week article on PostgreSQL benchmark