[Fwd: DBD::Pg::db do failed: pqReadData() Error]

От Edmund Mergl
Тема [Fwd: DBD::Pg::db do failed: pqReadData() Error]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
     *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Just thought I would write in to let everyone know I haven't had the
"DBD::Pg::db do failed: pqReadData()" problem
ever since I converted all my columns that were 'text' to 'varchar()'.
I can live with the limit of 4096 for the stuff I am doing...

Marc Northover

Marc Northover wrote:

>     *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***
>
> I am using postgres.6.4.2 and occasionally get this error when inserting
> rows into my tables:
>
> DBD::Pg::db do failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This
> probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
>
> Sometimes I get rid of the error by issuing the 'vacuum' command, but doesn't work
> all the time.
>
> I read some of the archives and there was a mention of a patch that is used,
> but the version of postgres was 6.4.  Also the error was received during 'make
> test' and not during time of insert.
>
> I am using:
> DBI 1.03
> DBD::Pg 0.89
>
> Any suggestions??
>
> thanks,
> Marc

This problem seems not to be related to DBI/DBD-Pg.
Please write a bug report to:

      pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org

It would be helpful if you could provide traces.

Edmund