Assumptions about the number of parallel workers

От Antonin Houska
Тема Assumptions about the number of parallel workers
Дата
Re: Assumptions about the number of parallel workers  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I can't figure out why ExecGather/ExecGatherMerge do check whether num_workers
is non-zero. I think the code would be a bit clearer if these tests were
replaced with Assert() statements, as the attached patch does.

In addition, if my assumptions are correct, I think that only Gather node
needs the single_copy field, but GatherPath does not.

In the patch I also added Assert() to add_partial_path so that I'm more likely
to catch special cases. Regression tests passed though.

--
Antonin Houska

Вложения