How to detect views objects ?

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема How to detect views objects ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Today I discovered an astonishing thing !!!

If I declare a rule on a table, PgAccess will not show that table in the
"Tables" panel, but in "Views" panel !!!!!
Even psql, at \dt is showing that my table with rules is a "view?" !!!
:-)

I remember that one year ago, when I started PgAccess development, I
discovered that the only thing that shows me that the object is a view
is the hasrules column.

Today, it seems that I did a HUUUUUGE mistake !

What should I do ? Should I remove completely the "Views" panel from
PgAccess ? Doing so, opening a real view in table browser window, that
will allow inserting and updating in a view! What would worth this ? Is
there any application where inserting in views should help something ?

Any other way to detect "real views" from "real tables with rules
defined on them" ?

Please CC: me directly to teo@flex.ro

Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA