Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v6.4 BETA2 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Any arguments against getting a BETA2 out tomorrow afternoon?

None, though I've just stumbled across some config stuff which would be
nice to clean up.

It came up when I tried upgrading compilers. The new one omitted an
explicit cpp, the preprocessor. Builds failed because references to it
are hardcoded, along with paths to find it, in at least two script files
for the backend.

It also turns out that autoconf already checks for cpp, or the
equivalent, but the result wasn't being used. So, fine, but...

autoconf concludes that "gcc -E" is equivalent to cpp on my system. And
it is, except that it needs an explicit bare "-" argument to try reading
from a pipe, which is how cpp was being used. I can test for "gcc" being
in the command, and add the argument, _or_ can change the scripts to
write a temporary file instead (they already write some temp files).

Comments? Suggestions??

                    - Tom

Oh, I'm probably going to revert back to the compiler package which
includes cpp...