Re: [INTERFACES] "static" libraries?

От Dallas Hockley
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] "static" libraries?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Peter T Mount wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Jeffrey Napolitano wrote:

[BIG snip]

> > > The down side to this is that if a newer version of the driver is
> > > released, then you have to rebuild your application jar file.

There is another method that _may_ work, YMMV, as I haven't tried it in
this contect myself.  There is a URL class loader, which can in essence
load the driver class from a jar file referenced by a URL and served up
by a web server on the network.  It's not unlike loading the Driver
class locally, and you can then have a central distribution point (or
points) for the driver.

Just an idea...

Dallas Hockley
hockleyd@cybersoft.ab.ca