Re: Performance after restart/reboot pre-Analyze

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance after restart/reboot pre-Analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
David Fogarty <dfogarty@icsusa.com> writes:
> It seems like whenever I restart my database server performance is quite bad until an Analyze has been performed. I
expectthis is due to the query planner needing new stats, but that leads me to three questions:

A simple restart shouldn't invalidate statistics.  I'd lay some small
change on your actual problem being not that, but the need to
repopulate the server's buffers from disk files.  If so, pg_prewarm
might help you.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Performance after restart/reboot pre-Analyze
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Performance after restart/reboot pre-Analyze