Re: Toast space grows

От Pavel Rotek
Тема Re: Toast space grows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
we just restored it to free 70G :-(

There are inserts and few updates (but what do you mean with update?? committed update??, because there are many updates of the log attribute in trasaction, we do periodical flush during transaction), sum takes approximately 1,2G, and i mean vacuum full (but there is no lock on the table when running vacuum full). I haven't try plain vacuum.

2008/3/7, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>:
Pavel Rotek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have problem with following table...
>
> create table dataaction (
>    id INT4 not null,
>    log text,
>    primary key (id)
> );
>
> It is the table for storing results of long running jobs. The log attribute
> takes approximately 5MB for one row (there is about 300 rows). My problem
> is, that table dataaction takes after restoring about 1,5G, but in few days
> grows to 79G(Toast space)...

1. What is happening with this table - just inserts, lots of updates?

2. What does SELECT sum(length(log)) FROM dataaction; show?

  > Vacuum on the table doesn't finish.

A plain vacuum doesn't finish, or vacuum full doesn't finish?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd