GitHub for issue tracking (Re: Issue tracking)

От Philippe Cloutier
Тема GitHub for issue tracking (Re: Issue tracking)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Le 2021-11-10 à 04:06, Dave Page a écrit :
Hi

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:23 PM Philippe Cloutier <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:

We are considering a move to Github issues, but that's a huge and complex task.

I would recommend against moving to GitHub's ITS engine, which is most basic.

Basic is good :-). We don't actually make much use of the vast majority of Redmine's features right now - and being able to use Github's system will allow us to follow the workflows that most developers expect these days, thus making it easier to allow new contributors to get started.

I'm sure using GitHub's system has advantages. All I'm saying is it's nowhere near mature enough to replace a Redmine tracker like pgAdmin's. Notice that I specified *most* basic, by which I mostly mean:

  • There is no solution tracking.
  • There is no importance tracking, or any kind of prioritization.

It is basically (pun intended) worthless for non-trivial projects.

[...]