Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Has anyone seen this marketing gimmick?EnterpriseDB vs MySQL vs MariaDB

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Has anyone seen this marketing gimmick?EnterpriseDB vs MySQL vs MariaDB
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 09/25/2017 06:03 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
>
>> What might be interesting to discuss here is what more we can be doing to
>> make it clear that the PostgreSQL project is independent of any single
>> company and instead has contributions from many, not unlike the Linux
>> Foundation or the Python Foundation.
>
> As a user, what reminds me of a single company is the Windows distribution.  The PG package for Windows is provided
byEDB, which I think may give an impression that PostgreSQL is a single-vendor open source project.  Please don't get
mewrong, I'm grateful to EDB for providing an easy-to-use package.

Just FYI, there is also the BigSQL package which is also linked from .Org.

Thanks,

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.us
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****