Re: table inheritance versus column compression and storage settings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: table inheritance versus column compression and storage settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> I have committed this.  It is great to get this behavior fixed and also
> to get the internals more consistent.  Thanks.

I find it surprising that the committed patch does not touch
pg_dump.  Is it really true that pg_dump dumps situations with
differing compression/storage settings accurately already?

(Note that it proves little that the pg_upgrade test passes,
since if pg_dump were blind to the settings applicable to a
child table, the second dump would still be blind to them.)