Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> writes:
> On 2021-01-17 21:25:29 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> If someone needs really an image to show a problem, it can be put on
>> some server and the link could be posted, like this one showing a PANIC
>> of a system http://www.unixarea.de/fbsd-panic-20210110.jpg

> That has the disadvantage of not being archived.

Yeah, we actually pretty strongly discourage posts that provide links
to external pages instead of being self-contained.  The PG mailing
list archives go back nearly 25 years at this point, and it's mighty
handy to be able to read old messages without having to constantly
consult the Wayback Machine (and hope it captured $whatever).
There's only a *hard* policy of that sort with respect to patch
submissions; but bug reports are likewise more likely to be taken
seriously and acted on if they don't require looking at external
resources.

Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?