Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Jun 13, 2013, at 7:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> writes:
>> What I don't understand is the new log file being created from the =
new
>> log_filename setting but then nothing being logged into it.  Is it =
the
>> postmaster which creates that file?  I would've thought it would be
>> the logger process?
>=20
> Hm, I hadn't focused on that --- that *is* pretty bizarre.  The
> postmaster creates the log file initially before forking the =
syslogger,
> but subsequent rotations are handled by the syslogger process.
>=20
> Is it possible that your systems are running on the hairy edge of =
ENFILE
> limits?  I notice that the syslogger will silently fail to rotate if =
it
> gets ENFILE while trying to open the new log file.  That doesn't look
> like it'd explain the lack of log_checkpoint activity, though.  Also,
> usually people notice this state because everything else on the box
> starts to fall over ...

These are definitely busy systems, but usually not running close to the =
edge, I'll see if I can make a test case using pgbench on 9.2.4.=

Сообщение: Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload