New versions of Londiste and Skytools

От Tomasz Rybak
Тема New versions of Londiste and Skytools
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hello everyone.
Last year Christoph sent emails asking for help
with maintaining Londiste/Skytools packages. We discussed
a bit about that during this year's PgConfEU in Berlin.

As we're using Londiste in company I work for, I'll
try to bring them to recent versions and current
team's policies (e.g. using git-buildpackage).

To summarize current state:
pgq - in current version (3.5-1), using gbp
pgq-node - in current version (3.5-2), using gbp
python-skytools - older version (upstream: 3.8.1, Debian 3.6.1-1),
using gbp
londiste - older version (upstream: 3.11, Debian 3.4.1-2), no gbp
pgqd - older version (upstream: 3.5, Debian 3.3-5), no gbp
python-pgq - older version (upstream: 3.7.1, Debian 3.5-3), no gbp

Today I updated python-skytools, and uploaded to Debian. Steps I took:
1. Fix watch file
2. gbp import-orig --uscan (from 3.6.1 to 3.8.1)
3. Bump standards version
4. Add myself to uploaders
5. Build and upload

Lintian complains about hardening - I might look into that after fixing
all other packages.

I also started working on londiste. My changes:
1. Create upstream branch (after
file:///usr/share/doc/git-buildpackage/manual-
html/gbp.import.convert.html#gbp.import.upstream.not.on.branch
2. Fix debian/watch file
3. gbp import-orig (from 3.4.1 to 3.11)
4. Bump standards version, add myself to uploaders, add debian/gbp.conf
All changes are in git log :-)
5. Build package locally.
I haven't uploaded it yet: it depends (for tests) on newer version
of python-skytools, so I'll wait for it to get accepted.

I pushed all changes to Salsa. If there are some questions, or
if there is other way of doing it, please comment.

I noticed that upstream release londiste-sql
(https://github.com/pgq/londiste-sql ) which is missing from Debian.
We'll test if this is really needed, and I intend to package it in
such a case; but as we are close to freeze, I'm not sure if it passes
NEW before deadline.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak, Debian Developer <serpent@debian.org>
GPG: A565 CE64 F866 A258 4DDC F9C7 ECB7 3E37 E887 AA8C

Вложения