Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> Running as admin is so common for Windows, you'd never see complaints
> about that aspect. Even programs *requiring* admin rights are widely
> accepted (with some minor grumbling).

> It's another universe...

Indeed --- a universe where root-level exploits are so common it's not
even funny.

Postgres will *not* be doing this.  Can we stop wasting list bandwidth
on the point?  There is exactly zero chance of getting any such proposal
past the core committee.  End of discussion.

Сообщение: Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
Сообщение: Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w