Re: ci: Build standalone INSTALL file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ci: Build standalone INSTALL file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We fairly regularly have commits breaking the generation of INSTALL. IIRC we
> recently discussed building it locally unconditionally, but I couldn't
> immediately find that discussion.  Until then, I think we should at least
> build it in CI so that cfbot can warn.

I thought the plan was to get rid of that file, in pursuit of making
our distribution tarballs be more or less pure git pulls.  Instead of
expending more effort on it, why not just push that project forward?
(IIRC, what we intended to do instead was to modify the top-level
README to point at the HTML install directions on the web.)