Re: Incorrect mention of number of columns?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Incorrect mention of number of columns?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> writes:
>> Yeah, but populating it would not (unless many of the columns were
>> NULL).

> Ok, but then should the documentation be more precise? It seems a bit odd to let users create such a table without at
leasta warning.

Given the impact of NULLs, and the fact that usually tables have some
variable-width columns, I doubt that a creation-time warning could be
accurate enough to be useful.

Сообщение: Re: Incorrect mention of number of columns?
Сообщение: Re: Incorrect mention of number of columns?