Record returning function accept not matched columns declaration

От Wetmore, Matthew (CTR)
Тема Record returning function accept not matched columns declaration
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I had this issue as well.

There is much inet talk about a bug in PGadmin in creating functions v cli, and how pgAdmin doesn't like some
functions.

I had to change my function to this method to get out of the error.

The error wants you to have the columns in the function, not at SELECT statement.

at least this was my issue, your mileage may vary.

DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS schema.function_name;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION schema.function_name;(
    _typeahead character varying,
    _rolename character varying,
    _requiremisconductaccess character varying,
    _test1 character varying,
    _test2 character varying,
    _test3 character varying)
    RETURNS TABLE(col1 character varying, col2 character varying, col3 character varying)
    LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'
    COST 100
    VOLATILE PARALLEL UNSAFE
    ROWS 1000