Re: Corruption during WAL replay

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Corruption during WAL replay
Дата
Re: Corruption during WAL replay  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I hate to say "no" because the evidence suggests that the answer might
> be "yes" -- but it definitely isn't intending to change anything about
> the shutdown sequence. It just introduces a mechanism to backends to
> force the checkpointer to delay writing the checkpoint record.

Wait a minute, I think we may be barking up the wrong tree.

The three commits that serinus saw as new in its first failure were

ce95c54376 Thu Mar 24 20:33:13 2022 UTC  Fix pg_statio_all_tables view for multiple TOAST indexes.
7dac61402e Thu Mar 24 19:51:40 2022 UTC  Remove unused module imports from TAP tests
412ad7a556 Thu Mar 24 18:52:28 2022 UTC  Fix possible recovery trouble if TRUNCATE overlaps a checkpoint.

I failed to look closely at dragonet, but I now see that its
first failure saw

ce95c54376 Thu Mar 24 20:33:13 2022 UTC  Fix pg_statio_all_tables view for multiple TOAST indexes.
7dac61402e Thu Mar 24 19:51:40 2022 UTC  Remove unused module imports from TAP tests

serinus is 0-for-3 since then, and dragonet 0-for-4, so we can be pretty
confident that the failure is repeatable for them.  That means that the
culprit must be ce95c54376 or 7dac61402e, not anything nearby such as
412ad7a556.

It's *really* hard to see how the pg_statio_all_tables change could
have affected this.  So that leaves 7dac61402e, which did this to
the test script that's failing:

 use strict;
 use warnings;
-use Config;