Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?
Дата
Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 04:08:08PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think the actual plan now is that we'll sync the in-tree copy
>> with the buildfarm's results (and then do a tree-wide pgindent)
>> every so often, probably shortly before beta every year.

> Okay.  Is this just to resolve the delta between the manual updates and a
> clean autogenerated copy every once in a while?

The main reason there's a delta is that people don't manage to
maintain the in-tree copy perfectly (at least, they certainly
haven't done so for this past year).  So we need to do that
to clean up every now and then.

A secondary reason is that the set of typedefs we absorb from
system include files changes over time.