Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net> writes:
> Anyway, I think Michael's fix is wrong. The bug is that the Win32
> version of link() (at the bottom of zic.c) does not set errno if its
> attempt to copy the file fails, so what dolink() puts into link_errno is
> bogus.

Ah-hah, that explains things nicely.  The previous coding in dolink()
wasn't so dependent on link() returning a valid errno on failure.

> Patch attached.

But then, should not this code make sure that errno *always* gets set?
I'd be inclined to think we should use _dosmaperr(), too, rather than
hand-coding it.