Re: standardized backwards incompatibility tag for commits

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: standardized backwards incompatibility tag for commits
Дата
Re: standardized backwards incompatibility tag for commits  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Seems like it'd be good to standardize how we're declaring that a commit
> contains backwards incompatible changes.  I've seen
> - 'BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE'
> - 'BACKWARD INCOMPATIBILITY'
> - a lot of free-flow text annotations like "as a
>   backward-incompatibility", "This makes a backwards-incompatible change"

> Especially the latter are easy to miss when looking through the commit
> log and I'd bet some get missed when generating the release notes.

Bruce might have a different opinion, but for my own part I do not think
it would make any difference in creating the release notes.  The important
thing is that the information be there in the log entry, not exactly how
it's spelled.

Сообщение: Re: LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines
Сообщение: Re: LWLock optimization for multicore Power machines