Re: The question of LOCALE at the time of a regression test.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The question of LOCALE at the time of a regression test.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This is quite untrue; we have variant regression files that exist
>> specifically to support running the tests under various popular locales.

> I know I had enough trouble even before we started doing Windows builds
> that we had to use --no-locale in the buildfarm (or at least that was
> the solution I adopted).

It's certainly possible that some of the buildfarm machines use locales
that haven't been covered --- or at least weren't covered when you
started that project; we fixed things for sv_SE just a couple months
ago, for instance.

I'm not sure whether it'd be sane to promise that we'd make the
regression tests work on any locale at all.  But I agree that it's
worth experimenting to see where they do or don't work now.