Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I could have sworn that was exactly what we were discussing, a pre-receive
>>> hook on gitmaster.

>> That's one idea that's been put forward, but it seems clear that some people are nervous about it.
>> Maybe a better course would be to continue improving the toolset and get more people comfortable with using it
locallyand then talk about integrating it upstream.

> Yeah, that sounds more reasonable to me as well.

+1.  Even if we end up with such a hook, we need to walk before we
can run.  The tooling of which we speak doesn't even exist today,
so it's unlikely to be bug-free, fast, and convenient to use
just two months from now.  Let's have some people use whatever
is proposed for awhile locally, and see what their experience is.