Binary installer

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Binary installer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Claudio Natoli wrote:
> > Clearly we will need an installer for a binary distribution.

The nullsoft installer is quite nice.  Not sure about Microsoft .msi
packaging...I'm sure that's pretty easy to work with, too.  The
installer should besides unzip, offer to run a few batch files (initdb,
etc), set up the environment, and offer set up the postmaster as a
service.

A good windows program has no internal dependencies on the registry.
Postgres is already set up to use the environment which is a more
flexible setup than the registry for servers.

Merlin

p.s.
Is there any way to keep mingw/msys from spamming console windows when
compiling?  It's very irritating :(.