Re: Connection terminated but client didn't realise

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Connection terminated but client didn't realise
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Wheeler <dwheeler@dgitsystems.com> writes:
> We have a query that our system runs nightly to refresh materialised views. This takes some time to execute (~25
minutes)and then it will usually return the results to the application and everything is golden. However occasionally
wesee something like the below, where the query finishes, but the connection gets unexpectedly closed from Postgres’
perspective.From the application’s perspective the connection is still alive, and it sits there forever waiting for the
result.

Is the application remote from the database server?  My gut reaction
to this type of report is "something timed out the network connection",
but there would have to be a router or firewall or the like in between
to make that a tenable explanation.

If that is the issue, you should be able to fix it by making the
server's TCP keepalive settings more aggressive.

От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Conditional return of aggregated data
От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: pgbackrest concerns and doubts.