Re: PG12 change to DO UPDATE SET column references

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG12 change to DO UPDATE SET column references
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> writes:
> Suppose I have this table:
> create table foo (id int primary key);

> On PG11 this works:
> postgres=# insert into foo (id) values (1) on conflict (id) do update
> set foo.id = 1;
> INSERT 0 1

Hmm, are you sure about that?  I get

ERROR:  column "foo" of relation "foo" does not exist
LINE 2:   on conflict (id) do update set foo.id = 1;
                                         ^

in every branch back to 9.5 where ON CONFLICT was introduced.

I'm checking branch tip in each case, so conceivably this is
something that was changed post-11.0, but I kinda doubt we
would have back-patched it.