Creating a PGSQL database from a msql database

От Jonathan R. Karlen
Тема Creating a PGSQL database from a msql database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

I have a msql database that I want to use to create a similar PGSQL
database.  The primary diference in the new version is that the contents of
what was one table in the old database will be 3 in the new.

I wrote a PHP3 script to select from the existing msql database the fields
that are going into the new table and create INSERT statements for every
record.  The statements look fine.  However, when I try to run that file
through the monitor using \i it gives a large amount of errors.  Also,
interestingly, on records where no error is return the INSERT still doesn't
occur.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.  I can send the text file of the
INSERT statements to anyone who wants to help.

Thanks.

Jonathan Karlen
Jonathan R. Karlen
Karlen Internet Solutions