Re: pg_dump -a strangeness/bug? (7.1beta5)

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: pg_dump -a strangeness/bug? (7.1beta5)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
At 17:52 1/03/01 -0500, Antoine Reid wrote:

>Can someone confirm whether this is a bug?

It is a bug. It's fixed in CVS.

>If someone goes there and fixes the code, maybe the code could be optimized
>not to put any COPY at all for a table if it is empty?

Maybe for 7.2.

> Either issue a
>SELECT COUNT(*) FROM foo  before, or just checking if it got an empty
>recordset when fetching the data?

Probably use 'select Exists(Select * from foo)', since count is very slow -
it does a sequential scan.

>It seems to me we could spare disabling
>triggers, creating a temp table, doing an empty copy and re-enabling
>triggers.. Comments?

This may be less of a problem for normal dumps, since the triggers are now
only disabled for data-only dumps.

Hope this helps,

Philip Warner.

Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|