Re: BUG #18297: Error when adding a column to a parent table with complex inheritance

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: BUG #18297: Error when adding a column to a parent table with complex inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

22.01.2024 13:36, Tender Wang wrote:

Yes, I've encountered a similar issue, this time with ALTER (TEXT SEARCH
CONFIGURATION):
CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION ispell_tst (COPY=english);
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY ispell (Template=ispell, DictFile=ispell_sample, AffFile=ispell_sample);
ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION ispell_tst ALTER MAPPING FOR word, word WITH ispell;
ERROR:  tuple already updated by self

Yes, this is another issue that DDL operation on an same object twice. Maybe we can report error on Parse phase.
But as you say, all the other DDL commands run OK, so maybe it's better to process this case in execution phase.
I will send a patch later.

Thank you for working on this!

As these two cases look like exceptions to the common behavior, I wonder
whether we need some extra functions to deal with duplicates.
(I haven't look yet how such duplicates processed for other object types.)

And I'm just curious that how do you find these issues? Use some tools?

I discovered these two issues with my kind of fuzzer, just watching out
for the interesting errors.

Best regards,
Alexander