Re: Fix search_path for all maintenance commands

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Fix search_path for all maintenance commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2023-07-17 at 10:58 -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 15, 2023 at 02:13:33PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> > The 2018 security fixes instigated many function repairs that
> > $SUBJECT would
> > otherwise instigate.  That wasn't too painful.  The net new pain of
> > $SUBJECT
> > will be less, since the 2018 security fixes prepared the path.
> > Hence, I
> > remain +1 for the latest Davis proposal.
>
> I concur.

Based on feedback, I plan to commit soon.

Tom's objection seemed specific to v16, and Robert's concern seemed to
be about having the MAINTAIN privilege without this patch. If I missed
any objections to this patch, please let me know.

If we hear about breakage that suggests we need an escape hatch GUC, we
have time to add one later.

I remain open to considering more complete fixes for the search_path
problems.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis